The Master of Business Administration (MBA) course has been the golden course for all the aspiring graduates across the world. In India, pursuing a MBA degree has become a mantra to success. Every undergraduate student wants to pursue an MBA as a graduate degree.
The growing economy, modern economic transformation, exponential growth in technology, expanding business prospects of India, have increased the demand of MBA graduates in all the economic sectors. Understanding this growing demand, getting an MBA degree makes sense. To fulfill this growing demand, there are thousands of colleges and universities across India providing this course.
With numerous universities offering MBA programs, it is essential to identify the top universities with exceptional education, industry exposure and career opportunities. Not all the universities have the same charm among the MBA aspirants. There are some universities in India that stand out to international levels.
Leading Universities and Colleges for MBA in India
NIRF has ranked IIM-A as #1 Management Institute in India for 2022.
IIM-A was ranked #1 in Management in India by NIRF India (2022). It is one of the most renowned universities in India when it comes to Management courses. IIM-A holds a strong position in the Indian as well as International market regarding its exceptional results. IIM-A, along with its academic perfection, has a strong network of more than 41,000 global alumni.
The institute holds an exceptional record regarding the career opportunities. More than 190+ firms participate in the placement session in the institute for different roles from different sectors and industries. In 2022, 382 graduates grabbed career opportunities across 17 sectors in different roles across the globe with a mean salary of Rs. 24,73,766 as fixed yearly cash component. The key highlight of IIM-A are:
- Rigorous academic curriculum and emphasis on case-based learning.
- Strong alumni network and reputation for producing top business leaders.
- Strong placement cell, renowned placement participation and excellent career opportunities.
IIM-B has been ranked #2 in Management by NIRF (2002). It is another exceptional institution for management studies. IIM-A and IIM-B have always been leading the chart. The institute holds an exceptional record regarding the career opportunities. In 2022, 524 graduates grabbed job opportunities across 8 sectors in different roles across the globe with a mean salary of Rs. 33.82 lakhs. The key highlight of the institutions are:
- Collaborative learning environment, focusing towards innovation and entrepreneurship
- Strong connections and networking and high-quality internships and placements
- Experiential learning and case-based methodology
- Strong and extensive alumni network across the globe
IIM-C has been ranked #3 in 2022 by NIRF in management course. Like IIM-A and IIM-B, IIM-C has earned a global reputation for providing high quality management education. Established as the first National Institute for postgraduate studies and research, the institute has been playing a leading role in professionalizing the Indian management system.
In 2022, 190 firms participated for placement. 465 graduates got placed in different roles across the globe with a mean salary of Rs. 35.07 lakhs. Some of the key highlights of the institutions are:
- Offers diverse range of specialization and established as “Finance Campus” of the country
- Extensive professional and practical industrial engagement through guest lectures, workshops and projects
- Focus is towards personal growth for professional aspiration, towards developing leadership and managerial skills.
Indian School of Business is covert in Indian ranking but it is one of the highly recognizable institutes when it comes to management courses. FT Global MBA Ranking 2023 ranks ISB Hyderabad as #1 B-school in India. ISB is a private business school and is truly leading the lives of students through its exceptional campus placement.
In 2023, 222 firms participated for the placement drive. 865 graduates grabbed placement in different roles across the globe with a mean CTC salary of Rs. 34.21 lakhs. Some of the key highlight of the institutions are:
- Unique one-year MBA program catering to experienced professional
- Experiential learning and global exposure
- Collaborative learning environment and networking opportunities
XLRI is ranked #8 by NIRF in management courses in 2022. XLRI focuses on providing the best academic delivery in Human Resource Management especially in Industrial Relations and Welfare.
In 2022, 427 graduates bagged job opportunities across 14 sectors in different roles across the country with a mean salary of Rs. 20,97,508 as fixed yearly cash component. Some of the key highlights of the institutions are:
- Strong background for its specialization in Human Resources Management
- Relevant curriculum with a focus on ethics and social responsibility
- Strong alumni network and excellent placement record
FMS Delhi has been ranked #4th in the IIRF Ranking 2022. It is among the oldest business schools in India. Renowned for its academic success, FMS Delhi offers the flagship two-year full-time MBA program along with Executive MBA and doctoral programs.
In 2023, 80 companies participated in the placement drive. The total of 269 graduates were placed across 9 sectors in different roles across the country with a yearly mean salary of Rs. 34.10 lakhs CTC. Some of the key highlights of the institute are:
- Affordability education with excellent academic standards
- Industry-focused curriculum and strong corporate connections
- Diversity in class dynamics and wide ranging specialization